Thursday, November 3, 2011

Don't Count The Years . . .
Count The Memories!



"Don't count the years . . . count the memories." At age 92, that word
of advice from the well known author, "Anonymous," has real meaning
for me. I have had a lifetime of varied experiences, here in America and
throughout the world. Before I quit traveling, I had completed 47 round
the world trips, and had visited almost 100 countries, living and working
for extended periods of time in several of them. I have been a professor
in a liberal arts college and a theological seminary. I have worked as a
journalist and a newscaster. I have been involved in government as a state
and federal lobbyist. I was Billy Graham's first director of crusade planning
and organization, and his first director of public relations. In recent years,
due to physical limitations, I have utilized my editorial abilities to serve
the Christian Church which Jesus established, by helping Christians to
understand all that their faith involves, with a special emphasis on fulfilling
the Great Commission of Jesus Christ to preach and teach throughout the
whole world, and to be what Jesus directed us to be: salt and light in the
world. Among the things which I can share with others are some memories
which keep coming to mind as the days and years move inexorably along,
and in the words of a familiar song, "dwindle down to a precious few."
Enjoy some memories with me.

1 comment:

  1. Your view points become more and more interesting and your memories, more and more intriguing!! I pray more and more for American News Commentary.
    God Bless!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete